February 15 (Saturday), 2014
11AM - 4PM
The Ozone (Our Backup Practice Field Location)
11169 Air Park Road, Ashland, Virginia 23005
What to bring:
- A completed Design'd 4 Y'th Player Application Form
- Some registrants were contacted by email about needing a Design'd 4 Y'th Waiver form for players wishing to play up a division
- Registration fee of $150 checks payable to "Hanover Warriors" (siblings are $140). This fee covers your customized football jersey with players name (uniform design picture), integrated pants, all field rentals and Design'd 4 Y'th player fees.
- DMV ID (link to the DMV ID form)
- Any gently used football equipment you would like to sell.
Equipment you are expected to provide:
- White football helmet (BSN is offering a 10% discount for our teams), gently used football helmets will be available at our sign-up, or contact us for other options.
- Shoulder-pads & cleats (BSN is offering a 10% discount for our teams), gently used shoulder pads will be available at our sign-up, or contact us for other options.
- Black football socks (available for purchase for $4 at all practices)
January 18, 2014 - League registration to Design'd 4 Y'th
March 1, 2014 - Practices Begin (Google calendar below)
Saturday, March 1, 2014 10AM - 12 noon @ Pole Green Park
1st Week of Practice Monday - Friday March 3 - March 7
March 10 - April 24 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
6PM - 8PM Practices @ Pole Green Park
New Page: Photos from our first 2013 Season when the Hanover Warriors were called the Hanover Chargers.
- Jim Rice Head Coach of the Seniors: 13-14 years old as of 4/1/14
Jim Rice was the head coach of the The Mechanicsville Rebels Juniors division and coached a young team to MYFL Semifinals.
- Steve Chick Head Coach of the Juniors: 11-12 years old as of 4/1/14
Steve has coached for The Blue Star Cowboys and participated with The Mechanicsville Rebels (he comes well-recommended from both leagues). Also a semifinals coach from the The Ashland Vikings has shown interest, but please contact us if you are interested in assistant coaching.
- Brandon Wilson Head Coach of the Sophomores: 9-10 years old as of 4/1/14
Brandon Wilson was a coach from The Blue Star Cowboys Peewee JVs and coached his team to MYFL Finals.
(please contact us if you are interested in assistant coaching)
- TBD Head Coach of the Freshmen: 7-8 years old as of 4/1/14
Please contact us if you are interested in being the head coach.
Status of the Teams (15 - 30 players in an age category will be enough to create a team):
- Seniors: WE HAVE A TEAM! More 9th & 8th grade players needed to be competitive! Please Pre-Register
- Juniors: WE HAVE A TEAM! Please Pre-Register
- Sophomores: WE HAVE A (large***) TEAM! Please Pre-Register
- Freshmen: 4 (FOUR) more needed to make a team... Please Pre-Register
***If the team exceeds the 15-30 player registration size, a league determination will be made on either limiting further registrations, or creating an additional team in the same category to provide adequate playing time for everyone.
The Hanover Warriors were established November 2013 by Terry Malick & Richard Totten. You may email them at email@example.com.